Sunday, June 20, 2010

Links I Like: A Hell of an Essay on Television Today


As always, the AV Club has put out another piece that made me really stop and think. This one talks about the past and present of television and how our viewing habits have changed and/or lagged when it comes to keeping up with them. I found this piece particularly engaging because I saw a lot of myself in it; serialized television is definitely my bread and butter-my raging Law and Order addiction aside. I love reading about the stuff I watch as much as I enjoy writing about it and this piece also includes a laundry list of prominent critics everyone should check out.

It also got me thinking; I would love a writing partner for occasional pieces that mimic this one's format. Do you love or hate the stuff on TV and in the theatres? If it's not you, does someone you know feel that strongly? Do either of you want to write? Email me and we'll talk. This is all just tiny little zygotes in my brain at the moment, but I would love another voice to bounce ideas off of from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment